For a number of years, I’ve been championing a Retro Movement.
I’ve been talking about this for at least five years, and heavily the past few years. I’m seeing it catch on not only in our Cafe community, but with other people all over the internet.
When everyone is going retro in a couple years, remember – you saw it here first.
What do I mean by this?
I’m getting away from:
- All digital, all the time
- Completely automated funnels
- Removing the human element
- 24/7 hustle and grind
- Lead magnets, “trip wires,” and other bad terms
- Fakers and poseurs online
I’m getting back to:
- Talking to people
- Connecting with people
- Having good conversations
- Doing great work
- Providing more value, not just raising prices
- The personal touch
- “Intrigue Pieces” (versus lead magnets and trip wires)
- Real books, not ebooks
- In-person workshops
- Taking time off to work on cool projects, even if it means disappearing for a while
If you’re getting weary of the internet marketing, digital online space like I am, stick around.
I’m not abandoning digital by any means, but I can tell you this. We’re doing things in a different way. The Cafe Way.
What about you? All-digital, or diversifying? Tell me.